My journey in to proper clean eating;
I’m an all-or-nothing kinda girl, meaning I always approached clean eating with that same attitude. Which never turned out in my favor, this time I have approached clean eating with a whole (ha get it whole foods) new attitude.
The new and approved clean eating plan is as follows:
Eat 90% clean, and treat yourself to 10% treats;
For me a treat would be a soy cafe misto at Starbucks instead of my regular drip coffee. Or some cheesy-kale chips. You can “splurge” and still eat a clean diet. If you follow these simple rules you too will be effortlessly eating clean daily.
- Drink water! A no-brianer, yes but our society as a whole is often chronically dehydrated. Make sure to drink at least one and a half liters of water, but aim for two.
- Avoid dairy, cheese or large portions of meat. Especially when you’re eating a salad, by avoiding these you can easily cut back on unnecessary fat, added sugar and calories.
- Build your meals for success, make sure 50% of your plate is filled with greens and veggies, fill the remaining 50% with half starch and half protein.
- Watch for added sugar in your food products, 4g of sugar is equivalent to a teaspoon of sugar!
- Try to keep all products down or five ingredient or less. Meaning ingredients you know and pronounce.
- When making a meal, attempt to make it as visually pleasing as possible. You’re more likely to enjoy it and feel satisfied.
“think about food as a medicine and your body as a temple -treat it according to that belief.”
― Jonathan Vine,
I will be posting meal ideas, and meal plans shortly,